ANON. Hotel Pensione Terminus, Roma.
Original Hotel luggage label, c.1910. 125 x 175 mm.
The Hotel opened in the late Nineteenth Century. The Porticos around the Piazza were designed by Architect Gaetano Koch. It was named Hotel Terminus due to its location not far from Romes main railway station. The label shows the Hotel located at Piazza Republica.
The fountain seen in the photograph is the fountain of the Naiads in the centre of the square. The Hotel is suspended over the ruins of the baths of Diocletian (300 B.C.) which are visible beneath a glass floor on the lower level of the Hotel.
The Hotel today is called the Palazzo Naiadi.