MULLER, Johann (1885-1958). Champex, Grand Hotel des Alpes & Hotel du Lac.
Original Hotel luggage label, c.1912. 115 x 155 mm.
The Hotel was built by Felicien and Delphine Meilland and opened in 1907 in Champex which already had nine Hotels with more than 500 beds.
At the request of the clientele a Chapel was built in 1910 and official worship for the Champex resort was held here until 1941 when a Parish Chapel was built.
Winter tourist activity developed during the 1950's with the building of La Breya Chairlift in 1952.
The building has now been transformed into Holiday apartments.
Printers: A. Trub and Cie, Lausanne and Arrau.